Deadline: May 14, 2020
The Professor Sir Malcolm Grant Postgraduate Scholarship was established to celebrate the exceptional contribution of the outgoing President & Provost to the UCL community over 10 years.
Value: £25,000 (for one year)
Available to: Prospective students
Selection criteria: Financial need and leadership potential
Eligible fee status: UK, EU, Overseas
Eligible programmes: All postgraduate taught
Additional eligibility criteria: UCL alumni
Deadline: 5pm, Thursday 14 May 2020
The aim of the Professor Sir Malcolm Grant Postgraduate Scholarship is to enable and encourage UCL alumni who can show leadership potential as well as demonstrate financial need to pursue their Master’s studies at UCL.
Candidates can be from any country, but must fulfil all of the following criteria:
- have successfully completed or be currently completing undergraduate studies at UCL;
- hold an offer to study a full-time Master’s degree at UCL in 2020/21.
Value, benefits, and duration
- There is 1 (one) scholarship available in 2020/21.
- The value of the scholarship is £25,000.
- The scholarship is tenable for one year only.
- The Professor Sir Malcolm Grant Postgraduate Scholarship may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the Professor Sir Malcolm Grant Postgraduate Scholarship award.
- The scholarship will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments throughout the academic year towards maintenance.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need and leadership potential.
Applications to this scholarship are now open.
You need to hold an offer of a place at UCL in order to apply for the scholarship, so you are advised to apply for an eligible degree at UCL in good time for the Admissions Office and the relevant academic department to process and respond to your application.
Instructions for accessing the online scholarship application form:
- Login to Portico with your normal details.
- Click on the ‘View’ button for the ‘Active Application’ that you wish to apply for funding for.
- In the application screen, click on the ‘Funding’ in the menu at the top of the page.
- You are now on the funding page. To find out which funds you are eligible to apply for click ‘Check and apply‘ under ‘Funds Available’.
- Click on the name of the scheme that you wish to apply for.
Kindly visit the official page for more information.